Spider Chip Cookies.
Ingredients of Spider Chip Cookies
- You need 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened to room temp.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
Spider Chip Cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with a hand mixer for 1 minute until it is smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until fluffy and lighter in color. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Dough will be thick..
- Cover dough tightly and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days..
- Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking trays with parchment paper and set aside..
- Remove dough from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Dough will be crumbly, but will come together as you roll it into balls..
- Using about 1 tbsp. of dough per cookie, roll dough into balls and lay them on the baking trays..
- Bake 7-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look soft when you remove them from the oven..
- Immediately after taking them out of the oven, press 1 or 2 chocolate chips into the top of each cookie. Press down on them lightly..
- Cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then move the cookies onto a cooling rack to cool completely..
- Once all cookies are baked and have the chips pressed onto them, take the remaining chocolate chips and melt them either in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stovetop..
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag with an extremely small hole snipped in one corner. Use the bag to draw little legs coming out of the chips, giving them the appearance of spiders..
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 week..