Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang).
Ingredients of Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
- It’s 1 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (bone in).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 litres of Water (or as needed).
- It’s of Dun Ji Tang herbs;.
- Prepare 6 g of Astragalus Root (Bei Chi 北芪).
- It’s 15 g of Codonopsis (Dang Shen 党参).
- It’s 11 g of Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山).
- It’s 23 g of Solomon's Seal (Yu Zhu 玉竹).
- Prepare 23 g of Wolfberries (Goji Zi 枸杞子).
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 20 g of Red Dates.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Longan.
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) step by step
- CHICKEN; rinse the chicken. Dry the chicken with kitchen towels and then salt it. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- STEW; In a pot, place in all the Herbs as well as Water and chicken. Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. REMOVE any scum from the surface and let the soup cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been reduced by half..
- SERVE; turn off the heat, remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into serving size. Taste the soup to see if it needs to be seasoned. Serve in a bowl..