Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Ingredients of Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 2 tablespoons of light colored oil, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil.
- You need 1 pound of chicken meat, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of shiitake mushrooms, finely diced.
- It’s of Coarse salt and coarse black pepper.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced.
- You need 1 inch of ginger root, finely diced.
- It’s 1 of orange, zested, squeezed.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, finely diced.
- You need 6 of to 8 ounces, water chestnuts, finely diced.
- It’s 3 of scallions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market.
- It’s 1/2 of large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered.
Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to high. Add oil to hot pan. Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or two. Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more. Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture. Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly..
- Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side..
- To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze an orange wedge over. Optional: add a few drops of fresh orange juice to spoonful of mixture.