Chinese honey garlic chicken. This Chinese Crispy Chicken with Honey Garlic Sauce is one of those meals everyone loves! Easy to make spicy or mild. This Honey Garlic Chicken is a simple and delicious chicken recipe that can be baked or grilled.
Ingredients of Chinese honey garlic chicken
- You need 1 of chicken breast.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of red peper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 150 gr of grean beans.
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken – A take-out favorite that you can make right at home, baked to crisp perfection. It's healthier, cheaper and so much tastier! Best of all, this chicken here still has that amazing crisp-tender texture, smothered in that sweet garlicky sauce. Mix honey, apricot jam, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, onion, and ¼ cup water in a small bowl.
Chinese honey garlic chicken instructions
- Chop off the tips of the green beans, and cut them in three parts each. Peel the potatoes and cut them in big dices. If you're using baby potatoes instead, cut them in halves. Peel the carrots and cut them in strings. You can use the green beans shape as a reference. You can also use baby carrots instead..
- Peel the chicken skin off. Take out the bones. If you use boneless meat, already, cut the meat in 10 parts..
- Mash or mince the three garlic cloves. In a bowl, mix them with the honey, the soy sauce, the oregano, the red and the black pepper and the salt. TIP: You can use the kind of red pepper that comes with pizza boxes (>ω<).
- Place five chicken pieces on a medium non stick skillet or pot. Pour over them one half of the honey garlic mixture. Place the potatoes and the carrots over the chicken. Place the five remaining pieces of chicken over the vegetables. Pour the remaining half of the honey garlic mixture. Cover the pot..
- Set the gas to a high heat until it boils and then lower it to a low heat for 30 minutes..
- Open the pot and place the grean beans on top of everything. Cover the pot again and leave it to cook for 10 more minutes and turn off..
- Serve with rice two pieces of chicken and vegetables..
Remove the chicken breasts and chop or shred meat. Pour sauce into a saucepan and add cornstarch to thicken. View top rated Chicken chinese honey garlic recipes with ratings and reviews. Colin's Honey Garlic Sauce for Wings, General Tso's Chicken, Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, etc. Honey chicken is a popular Chinese recipe.