Simple general tso's chicken. General Tso's chicken (pronounced [tswò]) is a sweet deep-fried chicken dish that is served in North American Chinese restaurants. The dish is named after Zuo Zongtang. General Tso's Chicken is a favorite Chinese food takeout choice that is sweet and slightly spicy with a kick from garlic and ginger.
Ingredients of Simple general tso's chicken
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 envelope of general tso's chicken seasoning mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of jalapeño or crushed red pepper (optional).
The chicken is crispy without being overly breaded (my usual complaint when it comes to General Tso's). General tso's chicken is a popular Chinese menu pick, recognized for it's glossy coating and sweet and somewhat spicy flavors. This recipe is SO EASY and simple to make with no complicating steps or ingredients! General tso's chicken could be a tasty Chinese menu pick but there are other.
Simple general tso's chicken instructions
- To plastic bag add flour, salt, pepper & poultry seasoning. Add chicken to bag and shake to coat evenly..
- Combine envelope of seasoning mix, sugar, soy sauce, and water. Blend and set aside..
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, add coated chicken and cook until evenly browned..
- Stir sauce mixture and add to skillet with chicken & jalapeño, crushed red pepper or crushed red chillies for a spicy flavor. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat & simmer until desired consistency..
Remove chicken from wine/soy marinade and place in flour mixture. Mix thoroughly, until all the chicken pieces are coated. These meals will make your weeknights way simpler. Take a pic and share yours in the comments below! This lighter General Tso's Chicken is made with chunks of white meat chicken breast General Tso's chicken is a sweet, deep-fried chicken dish that is served in North American Delicious meal.