Chinese Mapo Tofu (Sichuan Cuisine).
Ingredients of Chinese Mapo Tofu (Sichuan Cuisine)
- You need 300 g of tofu (1 box).
- Prepare 100 g of ground pork (or beef, chicken).
- It’s 1 of green onion.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ginger (minced).
- You need of For braising.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Sichuan peppercorns powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of chinese five spices powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of doubanjiang (chilli bean sauce).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbsp of water (mix with corn starch).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
Chinese Mapo Tofu (Sichuan Cuisine) step by step
- Cut tofu into 2cm cubes. Slice green onion into small pieces, separate white part and green part. Mince garlic and ginger..
- Mix 1 tbsp corn starch and 2 tbsp water..
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil, add ground pork, stir fry for a while, then add garlic, ginger and half of 1/3 tsp Sichuan peppercorns powder, 1/8 tsp chinese five spices powder, 1 tbsp doubanjiang (chilli bean sauce), sugar, white part of green onion, stir fry for 1 minute..
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in, add tofu, gently push tofu with spatula, then cook for 5 minutes over low heat..
- Mix cornstarch water, swirl it into the wok, gently stir till sauce thickens. Before serving, add pinch of Sichuan peppercorns powder, pinch of white peppers, add green part of green onion, 1 tsp sesame oil. Then transfer to a serving plate or bowl..
- Serve with steamed rice..