Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡. Traditional Hakka salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 is prepared by encasing the bird in the salt crust, the culinary tradition that stood the test of time until today since the Qing dynasty. This surprisingly simple dish relies on the culinary magic inside the cocoon build with a bed of sea salt. Traditional Hakka salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 is prepared by encasing the bird in the salt crust, the culinary tradition that stood the test of time until today.
Ingredients of Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡
- You need 1 of slow growing breed chicken.
- You need 1 Tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sichuan pepper, optional.
- You need 1 of anise star.
My uncle would be asked to drive for miles to a certain popular restaurant with strict instructions to bring this parcel of goodness home. You'll need to prepare the materials separately in order to wrap the chicken and collect the steaming liquid/broth. Traditional Chinese salt baked chicken uses only chicken and coarse sea salt. The chicken is wrapped with a special type of oil paper and buried in Salt baked chicken has lots of transformers in China now.
Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 step by step
- Disect a chicken ~4lb into 8 pieces. Set aside chicken bones for stock later..
- Massage 1 Tsp into the chicken and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes and drain the liquid into a separate bowl. Turn each piece and bake for a second 30 minutes..
- Drain the liquid and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is semi-dry. It's great to use the chicken in any other dish such as soup or stirfry once it chill down. If enjoy it immediately, please serve with rice or breads because it is saltier than a regular dish..
Wan Li Xiang Salted Chicken And Duck. Was stop by a branch with selling salted chicken drumstick. Taiwanese salt and pepper chicken – This recipe uses minimal oil to create super crispy juicy chicken bites that are bursting with flavor. Salt'n'Pepper Chicken (pronounced Yán Sū Jī in Mandarin) is one of Taiwanese people's favorite night market munchies, normally eaten out of a basket or paper bag. Salt baked chicken is a traditional Cantonese and Hakka dish.