Beef mince chow mein. We've put a bit of a spin on this classic Asian dish. Try this version of curried mince chow mein for a great takeaway style dinner at home. This Beef Chow Mein is a quick and easy one pot meal loaded with tender beef, flavorful vegetables and fried noodles.
Ingredients of Beef mince chow mein
- Prepare 500 g of Lan beef mince.
- You need 1 of medium brown onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of curry powder, mild variety.
- You need 1 of large carrot(s), grated.
- It’s 375 g of Cabbage, savoy, raw, (1/4 small) white, finely shredded.
- You need 2 of individual celery, finely chopped.
- You need 40 g of rice, white, dry, (2tbs) long grain variety.
- You need 80 g of powdered chicken noodle soup, (2x40g pkts), reduced-salt variety.
- You need 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 150 g of green beans, frozen, sliced.
- It’s 1 of x 3 second spray(s) oil spray.
This real Chicken Chow Mein recipe really is restaurant quality. It all comes down to the sauce! This is faster than ordering take out – and much healthier! Other proteins: Sub with sliced pork, beef or turkey, whole prawns/shrimp or even ground meat (still marinate, crumble into chunks and cook like.
Beef mince chow mein step by step
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over high heat. Add mince and onion. Cook, breaking up any lumps, for 6–8 minutes or until mince has browned.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add carrot, cabbage, celery, rice, soup mix, soy sauce and 2 cups (500ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until water has absorbed and rice is tender. Add beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Serve..
- SERVING SUGGESTION: steamed Asian greens, such as baby bok choy or choy sum. TIP: You can use lean chicken mince instead of beef..
Authentic Beef Chow Mein – The tender beef melts in your mouth. Fortunately. my Beef Chow Mein recipe is super simple and quick. You'll be eating this version before your order from your neighborhood Chinese restaurant arrives, so why not make it yourself? Beef Chow Mein – the perfect easy one-pan meal for busy weeknights. And I even have a Beef Lo Mein and Beef.