[Video inside] Pad kra pao gai (chicken stir with basil). Welcome to Kin Kin I Makan Makan Channel. Recipes are available in English, Malay and Thai as below. Resep Ayam Cincang Thailand (Thai Minced Chicken/Pad Krapow Recipe Video)
Ingredients of [Video inside] Pad kra pao gai (chicken stir with basil)
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of Bonless skinless little fatty chicken thigh.
- Prepare of Sauces: oyster sauce, mushroom soy sauce, seasoning sauce:.
- You need of Fish sauce and veggie oil.
- You need of Chinese long bean.
- It’s of Garlic and Thai chili.
- Prepare of Fresh organic basil (holy basil if you can find).
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
- Prepare of Egg.
My stove is also typical for American stoves and the burners do not generate the blazing BTUs needed for authentic "stir fry" cooking method that creates that wonderful caramelization without overcooking lean meats like white meat chicken. However, the most original kra pao does not contain dark soy sauce. I am sure that one of famous judges on a Thai cooking show will get mad by seeing the sauce. And of of my favourite dish after tom yum is chicken phad kra phau, stir fry chicken with basil.
[Video inside] Pad kra pao gai (chicken stir with basil) step by step
- Start cooking rice.
- In a motor pestal pound Thai chili and garlic to your liking… I love garlic.
- Mince bonless skinless (have little fat) chicken thighs with cleaver or food processor..(dont buy already minced chicken).
- Cut chinese long bean.
- Here are the sauces you need.
- Deep fry egg (dont over cook I like my egg runny) cook and set aside.
- Chili garlic in.
- Add mince and stir until 70% cooked.
- Add sauces…. 1 tbl spoon oyster sauce (powerful sauce can add more later) fish sauce just a splash and all other sauces add to your liking.
- Add sugar to balance out the sauces.
- Taste it and check for salty/ sweetness… Add more oyster sauce for more flavor… Add sugar for sweetness add other soy sauces for saltyness.
- Add long bean and stir until cooked (3 min).
- Add basil last… Stir 30 sec heat on 30 sec heat off..
- Plate with rice and add egg on top.
The smell from basil is so automatic. Thai holy basil chicken (pad kra pao gai) is one of the best and easiest to prepare Thai dishes. Pad kra pao gai is a delicious traditional dish from Thailand consisting of chicken perfumed with sacred basil and chili. The second key ingredient that gives pad kra pao gai its distinctive flavor is Golden Mountain sauce, a sauce considered to be the secret ingredient of Thai cuisine. Thai basil chicken (pad kra pao gai ผัดกระเพราไก่) is one of the most common Thai street food dishes avail- able in Thailand.