Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Carrot and zucchini pasta is mixed with a creamy, avocado cucumber sauce for a simple, delicious and vegan zucchini noodle recipe. Zucchini, carrots, avocado, cucumber and garlic. With a splash of lemon juice for good measure.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- Prepare 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
We all love meatballs as a family and wanted to find a healthy alternative to the starchy pasta that You can also make pasta with zucchini to make a green pasta. And don't throw away the water you. Make your own zucchini pasta (zoodles) with a quick and simple recipe that's a little closer to actual pasta. The zucchini pasta is now ready to eat (it doesn't really need cooking) but is more like pasta if gently warmed up; saute in Creamy Pasta With Prosciutto, Edamame, and Carrot Ribbons Recipe.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" instructions
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
How To Make Zucchini & Carrot Ribbons. The ribbons are easy to create. I used a mandolin to ribbon the zucchini and a peeler to do the carrots. Use almonds in place of pepitas if needed. I used raw pepitas instead of toasting them.