Courgette and Sweet Pepper Carbonara.
Ingredients of Courgette and Sweet Pepper Carbonara
- You need 2 of large courgettes.
- You need 1 of large sweet pepper.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 400 g of penne pasta.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smokey paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 300 g of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 5 of tsb of single cream.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Courgette and Sweet Pepper Carbonara instructions
- Prepare the vegetables: half the courgettes lengthways and slice thinly into half moons, finely chop the sweet pepper..
- Start cooking the pasta, but take it off about one minute before it's ready. Drain when it's done, but save a cup full of pasta water..
- Simultaneously, add some vegetable oil to a large pan or pot and set to a high heat. Add the courgettes, paprika and cayenne pepper and fry for about 5-10 mins until they shrink in size and lose most of their moisture. Stir often to make sure they don't burn. Reduce to a medium heat and add the garlic and sweet peppers..
- Mix the egg yolks, parmesan and cream together in a jug..
- When everything's done, take off the heat and pour the drained pasta and egg/cream/cheese mixture into the courgette/pepper/spice pot. Mix thoroughly. If it looks a little dry add some of the retained pasta water. Season with salt/pepper to taste..
- Serve in a bowl with a sprinkling of more parmesan cheese on top if you'd like!.