Sweet n' Spicy Pumpkin Seeds. All Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds. You saved Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds to your Favorites. This is a fantastic way of using the seeds leftover from Halloween pumpkins.
Ingredients of Sweet n' Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- You need 1 cup of Pumpkin Seeds.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
DIRECTIONS Remove and wash seeds from pumpkin. This recipe is warm, and comforting like a cozy blanket in Winter. The combination of… Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of iron, as well as other minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Some vegans and vegetarians have difficulty getting enough iron.
Sweet n' Spicy Pumpkin Seeds step by step
- Cut hole in bottom of pumpkin and scrape out seeds..
- Rinse well to remove pulp. Pat dry..
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Line pan with parchment paper and spread seeds in even layer..
- Roast until dry. About 1 hour..
- In small bowl, mix 3 Tbl. Sugar, the cumin, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside..
- In nonstick pan, melt butter..
- Once butter is melted, add seeds and stir to coat. Then sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbl. of sugar..
- Cook until sugar begins to caramelize, about 1-2 minutes..
- Pour seeds in bowl of spices and stir or shake to coat..
- Store seeds in airtight container up to one month (if they last that long)..
Cut pumpkin open from the bottom, removing seeds with a long-handled spoon. Separate flesh from seeds and discard. Transfer to bowl with spices and stir well to coat. Pumpkin seeds must be completely dried out in the oven before combining with spices. These toasted pumpkin seeds make a tasty Halloween snack.