Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique. Add blackberries and thyme and cook until blackberries have broken down slightly and mixture is dark red with the Rewarm gastrique over low heat if necessary. Slice duck and serve with cous-cous, onions, and gastrique. Easy Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts have a crunchy crust and lots of flavor from Italian seasoning!
Ingredients of Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique
- It’s 550 g of fresh blackberries.
- You need 2/3 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh thyme sprigs, plus a few delicate leaves.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
Pan-Seared Chicken. with Pesto-Dressed Zucchini & Fingerling Potatoes. Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad – Packed with flavor, protein and veggies! Shrimp is seasoned with Mexican spices then pan seared in just minutes. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique instructions
- Blitz the blackberries in a food processor until they're thoroughly broken up. Pour the puree through a sieve to catch the seeds. Set the strained blackberry liquid aside..
- Add the honey to a small pot and put it on medium heat. Warm the honey through until the colour changes to a deep amber, about 6 minutes. Add the vinegar and let simmer, swirling the pot occasionally, until reduced by half. This'll be another 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in the blackberry liquid and continue simmering until reduced by half again, about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the pot as it may bubble over. Stir in a pinch of salt and a grind or two of black pepper, and set the gastrique aside..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness. Flip the chicken over and add the butter, thyme sprigs and garlic to the pan. Fry for another 6 to 8 minutes. As the butter melts, spoon it over the chicken. When cooked, remove the chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve the chicken with a generous drizzle of the gastrique and a sprinkle of the delicate thyme leaves..
Perfect Pan-Seared Duck Breasts with Port Wine Sauce. Add grapes and thyme to the pan and roast while the duck rests. Also, with the vinegar edge it reminded me quite a lot of your sherry vinegar chicken recipe (which I adore. Recipe: seared duck breast with huckleberry gastrique. Searing the duck is no big deal and pretty straightforward.