Salted Caramel Apple Crepes with Toasted Walnuts.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Apple Crepes with Toasted Walnuts
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 3 of Apples, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Crepes.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbs of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1.5 cups of milk.
- Prepare of Caramel.
- You need 10 of squares of caramel, melted in microwave.
Salted Caramel Apple Crepes with Toasted Walnuts instructions
- Place all the filling ingredients in a saucepan and cook it on medium-low heat for about 1 hr or until soft but with a little bite still. Set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for your crepes in a medium-large bowl..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well..
- Refrigerate for 20 min (note: you can Refrigerate the crepe batter for up to 2 days).
- When ready: heat a pan and melt a pat of butter. Pour about 1/4 cup of crepe batter and swirl around the pan to cover the bottom of the pan..
- Cook on low for about 2-4 min then flip and repeat same on other side..
- Fill your crepes with the now slightly cooled filling. Roll or fold (which ever shape you like).
- Top with vanilla ice cream (optional) drizzle with caramel, sprinkle with toasted walnuts and top with whipped cream.
- At the VERY end, take a little flaked salt (itty bitty pinch) and sprinkle lightly..