Spicy sweet potato corn chowder. Spicy sweet potato & corn chowder. Add the potatoes and vegetable mix. Categories: Chowder Corn Recipes Sweet Potato Main Dish.
Ingredients of Spicy sweet potato corn chowder
- Prepare 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Prepare 1/2 c of diced celery.
- You need 1 1/2 c of chopped red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 4 c of frozen (or fresh) corn.
- It’s 2-3 of hot peppers finely chopped (I use ghost peppers, but jalapeños will do nicely).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 c of low- sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth.
- It’s 2 c of peeled and cubed sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of half and half (divided).
Dairy-free, and low in calories it's a decadent While I love the sweetness of fresh corn, I've often found corn soups to be too heavy (with all of the cream and butter), and a little too bland for my taste. This vegan corn chowder uses sweet potato instead of the traditional potato but you could also make it with potato if you want to switch it up. Other than the sweet potato and corn, all you need is garlic, onion, celery, red pepper, broth and spices. Hello, & welcome to Life With Stasia!
Spicy sweet potato corn chowder instructions
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, chipotle and jalapeño; sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often..
- Stir in salt, pepper, cumin and broth, stirring well. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add sweet potatoes. Simmer over low for 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. Gently reheat..
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half..
- Add to soup and stir well. Stir in the remaining 1¼ cups half-and-half. Stir over medium heat until the soup becomes slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
I know the weather is a little warm for soup, but it has always been my go to comfort food. This chowder is a full meal in a bowl and packed with flavor on all levels. It's rich, savory, slightly spicy, and a tad sweet Add chicken broth and salt to pot, along with potatoes, corn cobs, corn kernels, and red pepper flakes. This dairy-free Spicy Potato and Corn Chowder has just enough heat to warm you up during the chilly winter weather. With spicy poblano peppers, crunchy corn and creamy potatoes, this dish will warm your heart and stomach.