Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 6 of red Potatoes.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 300 gram of Minced beef.
- It’s 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- You need of Fresh rosemary.
- You need of Fresh thyme.
- You need 150 ml of fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 of carrot – chopped.
- It’s To taste of butter.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s as needed of Beef broth.
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.