Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney”. Temptingly delicious tandoori chicken is very popular Indian item because of its' blazing hot appearance and unique taste. The nicest thing of this is. Chicken salad with an Indian-inspired twist of mango chutney and curry powder is quick and easy to prepare.
Ingredients of Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney”
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, washed and patted dry, cut into strips (fajitas).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of marmalade (we used a homemade grape marmalade, but pretty much any kind will work).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Korean red chili paste (Gochujang).
- Prepare 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s as needed of oil.
You can also use chutney thinned with water, to glaze chicken or duck. Serve with cheese , like brie or cream cheese. Cut each chicken breast half in half crosswise. This is a perfect chutney for all garlic lovers.
Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney” step by step
- In a medium bowl, combine marmalade, red chili paste, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until you have a nice "chutney" style marinade. Place the chicken strips in it and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- Heat up some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and the "chutney", cook covered for three minutes. Then remove the cover and keep cooking until done (some five more minutes for a total of eight)..
- Serve with your choice of side. We had some nice cous cous with pistacchio, so we used that. But rice works perfectly with this as well!.
- TIP: I would recommend using homemade marmalade for this, as it is usually runnier, but if you use storebought, water it down with 1-2 tsp water to make the marinade..
It goes real well with idli and dosa. Add curry paste, chicken stock, tomato, salt & pepper, mixing well. Return chicken to skillet, then cover & cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through. Stir in mincemeat & heavy cream. Serve over rice & drizzle with chutney.