Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. In the United States and Canada, it is usually prepared for Thanksgiving, and other occasions when pumpkin is in season.
Ingredients of Pumpkin pie
- Prepare 1 can of Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 can of sweet condensed milk.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- It’s dash of ground allspice.
- You need 1 of 9 inch pie crust.
You didn't think I would post a homemade pie crust tutorial and not share a few pie recipes with you, did you? Don't worry, I have one more pie recipe. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin bread, but HELLO what about pumpkin pie?? My Great Pumpkin Pie Recipe is here today.
Pumpkin pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F Fahrenheit (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and allspice; whisk until combined.
- Prick pie crust with a fork on bottom and sides and place in oven for a few minutes till hot.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles..
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes..
- Reduce heat to 350°F Fahrenheit (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling should come out clean. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!.
Pumpkin pie is the most classic Thanksgiving dessert. The holiday wouldn't be the same without it. And homemade pumpkin pie is both easy and well worth the minimal effort. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert.