SW Chopped Salad.
Ingredients of SW Chopped Salad
- You need 1 of heart romaine; chopped.
- You need 8 slices of spicy candied bacon; diced.
- You need 3 of thick scallions; thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of jalapeños; seeded & small dice.
- It’s 1 of avocado; diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic; minced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery; small dice.
- Prepare 1 T of pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow bell pepper; small dice.
- It’s 1/4 C of sweet corn.
- You need 1/2 bundle of cilantro; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1/2 C of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 C of crushed pineapple.
- You need 1 T of ancho chile powder.
- You need 1 of large pinch sugar.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper;.
SW Chopped Salad step by step
- Mix all ingredients from romaine to cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Save a few pumpkin seeds for garnish..
- Whisk mayonnaise, crushed pineapple, and ancho chile powder together with a large pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper..
- Add dressing to greens mixture and toss to combine. Start with 3/4 dressing to obtain your desired consistency. Garnish with remaining pumpkin seeds..
- Variations; Roasted bell peppers/garlic /tomatoes /chiles, habanero, paprika, pancetta, pork belly, chives, chicken breast, guajillo chile, roasted poblano, chipotle, lime, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, apple, black beans, beets, red or green bell pepper, cayenne, queso fresco, serrano, grilled queso fresco, macadamia nuts, fresno chile, croutons, fried tortilla strips, goat cheese, cotija, coriander seed, ginger, grapefruit, honey, jicama, mango, vinaigrette, orange zest, white pepper, pomegranate, olives, red onions, raisins, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, tomato, vinegar, walnut.