Caramel Apples Vegan style. Making caramel can be a finicky process, so plan to make these on a day That's great, Lisa! There are so many vegan options now that make the transition easier. Vegan Caramel apples that actually tastes like real caramel!
Ingredients of Caramel Apples Vegan style
- You need 4 of or more Organic Macintosh or similarly sweet apples.
- It’s 6 of or more Mejdool dates, the big ones that are soft, with pit still in.
- It’s 1 box of tooth picks (optional).
Looking for a recipe for healthy caramel apples? These are sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, and also gluten-free and oil-free. I once made traditional caramel apples. They were messy, sticky, and SO much clean-up.
Caramel Apples Vegan style step by step
- This is hardly a recipe and more of a combination that happens to taste extremely good if you use the right ingredients. They may not look like much, but they have been devoured very quickly at gatherings where I have served them as hor d'oeuvres..
- The apples MUST be organic or locally grown, as non organic tend to be quite dry. Select an apple that you would use for a regular taffy apple. Sweet, but not too sweet..
- Mejdool dates are also an important choice, they are very sweet, and even chewy like caramel when you refrigerate them. Sorry for the extra notes, but it's important!.
- CUT the apples into medium pieces, around 1"/1" on average..
- Remove the pits from the Dates and cut them in 4 pieces..
- Simply connect a piece of date to a piece of apple with a tooth pick. When the date piece is slightly smaller than the apple piece you pin it to, that works best but don't worry too much about it really..
- Put these healthy hor d'oeuvres on a plate and serve..
- That's it! Simple, yet the combination is great, very similar to a caramel apple in fact..
I can assure you these caramel apples are far easier – yes, some prep and. These vegan caramel apples are made using dates and coconut milk. A perfect opportunity to incorporate healthy fruit when treating yourself! We would love to see your vegan caramel apple creations! Vegan caramel apple cheesecake with a homemade apple pie filling and caramel sauce.