Pounded raw string bean salad. This green bean salad recipe is a versatile warm-weather side dish that is great made a few hours ahead. Serve it room temperature or cold. Mushroom & String Bean Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Ingredients of Pounded raw string bean salad
- You need 200 grams of string beans, cut to 2 CM long pcs.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 50 grams of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 100 of cucumber sliced.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of Lettuce leaves 100 grams.
- It’s A few of drops of toasted sesame seed oil.
- It’s 1 handful of chopped nuts (peanut, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds).
To be honest with you, I, personally, have always preferred it cooked. But a couple of days ago, as we were preparing a salad and needed to add some texture and crunch to it, we decided to give it a try. Green beans, string beans, haricots verts, whatever you call them, they are easily available year-round, quick to cook, healthy and This method is a great way to preserve green beans freshness and texture which is just plain necessary for this salad. They stay perfectly snappy but not raw.
Pounded raw string bean salad step by step
- In a mortar and pestle, place garlic cloves and salt and slowly crush garlic into a coarse paste..
- Add beans and crush the beans, be careful not to turn the whole thing into a paste. Crunch is key to this salad..
- Add tomatoes and slowly crush and incorporate into the mix..
- Add sugar and mix with a spoon to put all ingredients that are sticking to the side of the mortar..
- Add the cucumber and crush lightly to release the juices..
- Season with lime juice, black pepper and chilli flakes..
- Spoon into a serving bowl with a bed of lettuce and top with crushed, roasted peanuts and cashew nuts, fresh chilies and spring onions and drizzle with sesame seed oil..
Place all ingredients along with string beans and mix together, except for almonds. save them for when you are ready to eat salad. Great chilled on a hot day with some BBQ goodies. Combine the garlic, mustard and vinegar. Beat in the oil to form an emulsion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.