Savory Pot Roast. Slow-simmer your chuck beef on the stove to make our savory and easy pot roast recipe with carrots and onions, with a gravy made from cream of mushroom soup and dry onion mix. This savory pot roast recipe will have the whole family looking forward to dinner. Place beef and vegetables in slow cooker.
Ingredients of Savory Pot Roast
- Prepare 3 lb of beef roast.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef broth or beef bouillon.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lawry seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 4 tbsp of beef rub cracked peppercorn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely ground red pepper.
The flavor of this pot roast is wonderful. Sunday dinner after church in the south was fried chicken, but in the MidWestern U. I love pot roast – it is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. This Instant Pot Savory Pot Roast & Gravy is OUT OF BOUNDS (in my best Guy Fieri voice).
Savory Pot Roast step by step
- Get a crockpot.
- Cut the beef roast into 3 large pieces and rub the 3-4 tbs (or until its completely covered) beef rub of cracked peppercorn on the beef..
- Put 6 cups of water into the crockpot.
- Put the beef roast into crockpot.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, lemon, and onion into large pieces then put them into crockpot with the beef roast..
- Put the 2 cups of beef broth into crockpot over previous ingredients. Make sure the meat is covered..
- Add all the seasoning over the crockpot ingredients..
- You may want to add more than 3 Tablespoons of each of the seasonings. Depends how much seasoning you want..
- Cook everything covered in crockpot for 5-7 hours on high..
- Once the beef roast easily falls apart with a fork and is not pink it should be done..
- Also double check the potatoes and carrots that they are soft..
- If you want to make the juice into a gravy put desired amount into a pot boiling starting out with 1/4 cup flour or until desired consistency..
- Pull the beef apart with a fork serve with the other contents. Pour gravy over the top and enjoy!.
Savory Pot Roast With Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour, Celery Salt, Marjoram, Salt, Pepper, Beef Chuck Roast, Medium Onion, Water, Tomato Sauce. Savory slow-cooked beef and veggies flavored by horseradish give you delicious dinner. The great thing about serving a pot roast is that everything—meat and vegetables—is in one pan. Carve pot roast into thin slices; serve with vegetable mixture and mashed potatoes, if desired. Simple Savory Beef Pot RoastBlade Chuck Roast Square-Cut Chuck Primal.