Chicken Chimichangas. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. These Chicken Chimichangas are one of the ultimate comfort foods!
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichangas
- Prepare 2 lbs of shredded chicken breast cooked.
- You need 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 8 of while wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 4 of large slices of white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter melted.
You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. These baked chicken chimichangas are healthier than the fried version, but yet still deliciously crispy from the oven! Make these Tex-Mex Chicken Chimichangas for a dinner your whole family will love. Top with your favorite picante sauce, salsa or guacamole.
Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Cook the onions in a large skillet with butter and garlic until transparent..
- Drain corn and beans and add to skillet. Add chicken, cream cheese, paprika, and cumin. Mix well..
- Roll into tortillas with half a slice of cheddar, place in a baking dish, brush with butter, broil four minutes on each side..
- Serve hot..
Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. You can make this chicken chimichanga recipe at home! Chicken Chimichanga Recipe with Black Beans and Corn.