Apple Clafoutis With A Healthy Tart Shell. Clafouti (or clafoutis) is a French batter cake, a specialty of the Limousin region, traditionally made with black cherries but also sometimes with prunes Our version is from Sally Schmitt (of French Laundry fame) who suggested adding apple cider syrup to the apple juices to sauce the clafouti. Place over bottom of dish in concentric circles. Clafoutis with apple is one of my favorite desserts to make for friends.
Ingredients of Apple Clafoutis With A Healthy Tart Shell
- It’s 150 ml of ★Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Ready-made pancake mix.
- Prepare 1 of ★Egg.
- You need 30 grams of ★Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of ★Vanilla extract.
- You need of Caramel Apples:.
- It’s 1/2 of ●Apple.
- Prepare 10 grams of ●Butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Honey.
- It’s of If made with raw apples:.
- You need 1 of see Healthy tart shell.
- Prepare 100 grams of Pancake mix.
- It’s 50 grams of Silken tofu.
"The nutty pastry is absolutely delicious, like pecan shortbread. You can make the tart shells and filling the day before and assemble just before serving: Place the shells in an airtight container and chill the filling, bringing it to room temperature before placing it in the shells so. Clafoutis is a French cake-like dessert that is prepared by placing fruit in a dish and covering it with a batter similar to flan before baking. While clafoutis typically uses cherries, other fruit can be used in place of cherries.
Apple Clafoutis With A Healthy Tart Shell instructions
- Make the tart shell referring toPrepare the apples and filling while the tart shell is resting. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142713-butter-free-ultra-healthy-easy-tart-crust.
- Put pie weights on the tart shell and bake at 180℃ for 12 minutes. (Pie weights are optional.).
- After baking, smooth out any air bubbles in the bottom of the crust with your finger or a spoon..
- Caramel Apples: Cut the apple in quarters and thinly slice each quarter. Put butter in a frying pan and sauté the apples. Add the honey and simmer over medium heat until the liquid has gone, being careful not to let it burn..
- Filling: Mix the egg, sugar and pancake mix together until there are no more lumps. Mix in the heavy cream, a bit at a time. Lastly, add the vanilla..
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and arrange the apples on top. Bake at 180℃ for 30 minutes. Brush with nappage or sprinkle with powdered sugar to finish..
- If using raw apples, cut 1/2 an apple into thin slices lengthwise, then cut the slices in half again, to make them easier to arrange..
- If you're out of tofu, try out this recipe for a Healthy Tart. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142764-easy-healthy-tart-crust.
- Made with strawberries instead! Cut the strawberries in half and put them in the tart shell in layers. Bake in an unbaked tart shell (no pre-baking required) for 40 minutes at 170℃..
Make sure everything in cold and, especially in Summer, I will even place all the ingredients – flour included – in the freezer before I Once it cools, dust the top with a little icing sugar and you're ready to serve. No baking required for this healthy fruit tart recipe! These tart shells are filled with vanilla Greek yogurt and topped with fresh fruit. Click the Bookmark Icon to Add to Your Favories. Find healthy, delicious apple recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.