Turkey Shepherd's Pie. When the weather outside is frightful, nothing satisfies our craving for comfort food quite like a good shepherd's pie. And this shepherd's pie is the food equivalent of creams and grays and cable knit blankets – catch my drift? Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Two-Potato Topping.
Ingredients of Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 1 of no specific quantities. whatever you have left that will fit in your cooking dish.
- You need 1 of Turkey meat both white and dark.
- It’s 1 of Peas, carrots and any other leftover vegetables. This one has parsnips and carrots mashed together.
- You need 1 of Stuffing.
- It’s 1 of Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Gravy.
This shepherd's pie is not only gluten- and dairy-free, it's also way healthier than the original. We swapped in lean, ground turkey for the classic lamb or. This Turkey Shepherd's Pie is one of the first meals I made after our power was restored last week following Hurricane Sandy. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Food.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Cut up meat into small pieces. I don't shred it but as small as I can..
- Mix into a bowl, or straight into your cooking dish, with your vegetables..
- Hopefully you have some leftover gravy…if not just make more :-). Add some to the meat and vegetable mix…just enough to make it moist..
- If you were doing this all in a separate bowl, now place the meat, vegetables, gravy mixture to your cooking dish and flatten. Place stuffing over the top and flatten. Ladel a little bit of gravy over stuffing again just to moisten..
- Add mashed potatoes to the top and distribute evenly. Much easier to do this if the potatoes are warm. Take a fork and run it flatly over the potatoes so you get small little peaks all over.
- In the oven she goes. 350 – 375 ℉ for about 35 – 40 min. You'll start seeing the peaks get brown. Then broil for 3 min (watch it doesn't burn).
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve with gravy to your liking. Every bite is heaven!.
A Few Cook's Notes for Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash Topping Recipe The ground turkey and cauiflower mash really make this dish healthier than the tradtional shepherd's pie. Shepherd's pie was my all time ultimate favourite thing to eat growing up. More than mac and cheese, more than grilled. Not only is Turkey Shepherd's Pie an excellent use for sometimes boring ground turkey, but it is also a great way to use up leftover potatoes. If ground turkey is not your style, substitute with ground beef.