Vickys Boozy Mincemeat Christmas Scones GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Boozy Mincemeat Christmas Scones GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 240 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 50 g of Stock block margarine (gold foil).
- Prepare 50 g of caster / superfine sugar.
- Prepare 65-75 ml of light coconut milk.
- It’s 50 ml of Brandy / Cointreau /light coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of heaped tbsp mincemeat from my previous recipe / jarred is fine.
Vickys Boozy Mincemeat Christmas Scones GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Pre-heat oven to gas 8 / 225C / 450F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using and baking powder together then rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar and half of the milk to form a dryish dough.
- Stir in the mincemeat and add the booze and just enough of the remaining milk as required to make the dough soft and very slightly damp.
- Flour a work surface and pat the dough out until it's an inch thick.
- Use a 2.5 – 3cm round cookie cutter to stamp out the scones. Reform the dough to cut more. You should end up with around 12.
- Place on the baking tray and glaze with extra milk.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until well risen.
- Let cool a bit before halving and spreading with apple butter or more mincemeat and dare I suggest, a thin slice of marzipan unless you avoid nuts! Dust with icing sugar for a more festive presentation.