Chicken and Shrimp Gratin. I've learned this Gratin recipe from japanese book,this is the common way of how the Japanese cook gratin recipe,some are made with vegetables such as. Stir in wine or chicken stock, set aside. Spoon into a buttered or greased casserole dish.
Ingredients of Chicken and Shrimp Gratin
- Prepare 200 grams of Short pasta (macaroni, penne, etc).
- It’s 200 grams of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 100 grams of Shrimp.
- You need 1 of Canned corn kernels.
- Prepare 10 of Mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/3 of Carrot.
- It’s 600 ml of ◎Milk.
- You need 50 grams of ◎Butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of ◎White flour.
- You need 100 grams of Pizza cheese (suggested amount).
- It’s 1 of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper (or white pepper).
- It’s 1 of Oil.
Download Shrimp gratin stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Chicken rubbed with classic rotisserie chicken flavours, roasted on top of a potato gratin so the chicken juices flavour the potato. You would think searching "Chicken and potato" on the Gourmet Traveller website would locate it….but no….(**Update: Found it! This chicken gratin recipe is warming and comforting – perfect when the nights are long and chilly.
Chicken and Shrimp Gratin instructions
- Boil water in a pot. When the water starts to boil, add salt, cook the pasta, then drain in a sieve. Toss with oil to prevent drying..
- While cooking the pasta, roughly mince the onion and carrot. Slice the mushrooms lengthwise. Cut the chicken and shrimp into bite-sizes..
- Pour oil in a pot or a deep frying pan, and stir-fry the onion and carrot over medium heat. When the onion is translucent, add chicken and shrimp..
- When the surface of the chicken turns white, add mushrooms, and stir thoroughly..
- Turn down the heat to low. Add corn and butter. When the butter is melted and the ingredients are coated with butter….
- Add flour, and mix together. The wooden spatula will feel a little bit heavy..
- Pour in the milk in 2 batches. In the first batch, pour and blend in. Pour in the second batch until it thickens. Sprinkle salt and pepper..
- Turn off the heat, add pasta from Step 1, and mix. If the pasta starts to stick together, separate while mixing..
- Preheat the oven to 210℃ (410℉). When you are using a oven, set to the gratin setting. Pour the Step 8 mixture into a heatproof dish, and sprinkle pizza cheese and Parmesan cheese..
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, and it's finished Brown to your liking by adjusting the amount of cheese and temperature. Adjust the baking time to your oven..
This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for jump-starting the grits that I learned from Southern chef Sean Brock. You combine the grits and their cooking water (plus bay leaves for aroma) and bring them quickly to a boil. Then, remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let the warm water. Introduce a little luxury to a creamy chicken and potato gratin by adding truffle. A great comfort dish to serve in winter, or when you want something special.