Pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- Prepare 4 of tsp,butter,Melted, divided.
- You need 4 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of canned unsweetened pineapple slices.
- You need 2 of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp. of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need Dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious.
Pineapple upside-down cake step by step
- Pour 1/2 tsp. Butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice ; set aside..
- In a small bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk,vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple..
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm..
We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. How to make Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, a sweet retro American treat. Video tutorial, recipe and history of Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.