Homemade Lime Rum Cake. This rum and citrus-infused cake will be your new favorite dessert! Bake the cake, brush it liberally with a buttery rum soak, then drizzle it all over with an easy-to-make glaze packed. This rum and citrus-infused cake will be your new favorite dessert.
Ingredients of Homemade Lime Rum Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk room temp.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of Rum soak.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need of Glaze.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of lime juice.
Rum Cake makes a classic holiday dessert and this easy, yet elegant rum cake recipe will quickly become a festive favorite! There's no cake or pudding mix involved but this homemade rum cake is even more delicious! Reviewers love it and it's always the hit of holiday parties. This Homemade Rum Cake is made completely from scratch, incredibly buttery, soft, and light.
Homemade Lime Rum Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
Today's rum cake recipe is one that's been highly requested over the last few months. I can't even tell you how many rum cakes I went through to get the winning recipe, but it was a lot! This key lime rum cake recipe was found while searching for alternative ingredients for another. I wanted to share because it would be good for the upcoming holidays. This easy homemade Rum Cake recipe is made from scratch and topped with a delicious homemade glaze.