Ingredients of Pound Cake
- Prepare 1 lb of butter (softened).
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of sugar (split).
- Prepare 8 of eggs (split whites and yolks).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bourbon/whiskey.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- It’s of Your choice of frosting.
Pound Cake step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 2 cups sugar until it’s a light yellow color. Gradually add in egg yolks. Mix in Bourbon, almond extract and vanilla to the mixture. Slowly add in flour..
- In a separate bowl add egg whites and remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks. Fold in into batter..
- Pour into a greased angel food cake pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool and frost..