Orange cake. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange juice, water, orange peel and almond extract.
Ingredients of Orange cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of and a 1/2 cup granulated or powdered sugar (I used granulated).
- It’s 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 2 of oranges zest.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
Get the recipe from The Cake Blog. Courtesy of Life, Love, and Sugar. Moist Orange Cake About This Moist Orange Cake Recipe. Easy, quick and flavorful orange pound cake made using orange juice and orange zest.
Orange cake step by step
- Mix the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the oil and mix then the orange juice.
- Sift the flour and then add the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients mix to that of the wet ones and mix all together when you add the orange zest.
- Put it in the oven in the middle shelf for 40-50min at 180 degrees.
The cake has a crumbly texture with a buttery taste and is full of citrus flavors. Topped with an orange glaze which takes this simple orange buttermilk cake to the next level. Moist Orange Cake This quick orange cake is delicious without the frosting. I sometimes just sprinkle icing sugar on the top. Once you have whipped the egg whites, remember to gently fold them into the batter.