Fig Ricotta Cake. Fresh Fig & Ricotta Cake from Barefoot Contessa. Reviews for: Photos of Fig-Ricotta Cake. This ricotta almond fig cake is one of those recipes.
Ingredients of Fig Ricotta Cake
- Prepare 10 T of softened butter plus some for the pan.
- You need 1 cup of sugar plus some for sprinkling on top and coating pan.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk ricotta, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of heaping tablespoons sour cream.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 12 of figs, stemmed and quartered.
Now beat the ricotta with the egg yolks, Amaretto or almond extract, and sugar until smooth. French Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce. Serve the cakes with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and dollops of sweet ricotta. Garnish with quartered figs if using.
Fig Ricotta Cake instructions
- Take 4 figs and place in 400 oven on baking sheet for 20 minutes. When roasted place in blender and purée. If needed, add a little water. Set aside..
- Set oven to 375. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by buttering generously and coating sides and bottom with sugar..
- Cream 10 T of butter with one cup sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully. Add ricotta, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until combined. Don’t worry if it looks curdled or lumpy..
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add fig purée. Beat just until combined..
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Place fig quarters gently on top of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar..
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean and top is browned. Cake may need additional time in baking..
- If making with peaches and raspberries, add one half pint of raspberries to batter and 3 sliced peaches and a half pint raspberries to top of cake..
Healthy and Delicious – Vegan Ricotta Fig Cake. Down to Earth's Community Outreach Team Leader Sisi Kong is teaching us how to make a new holiday dish called the Vegan Ricotta Fig Cake. This ricotta cake is a part of my ricotta cheese recipes collection. It's one of those rich Italian cakes – pound cake in texture. Brilliant chef Antony Worrall Thompson has donated to TREE AID a diabetic friendly tree cake.