Loaded Johnny Cakes.
Ingredients of Loaded Johnny Cakes
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of self rising buttermilk cornbread mix.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of self rising flour.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned corn.
- You need 15 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green onion.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon drippings.
Loaded Johnny Cakes step by step
- Add all but the tomatoes and green onions to a bowl. Heat frying oil in a skillet. Drain the juices in a cup I was able to get a half cup. Put in a pot with 1-1/2 cup of water. Bring it to a boil. Add tomatoes to the remaining ingredients except green onions..
- Add the eggs and mix. Lastly add the boiling tomato juice mixture..
- Stir well and make little cakes in the hot skillet. Let cook for 3-5 minutes..
- Turn as they get done stack on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Cook about half the batter..
- Slice the onion. Mix the onion in the remaining batter. Fry the cakes in the skillet. First side 3-5 minutes..
- Turn as needed. Stack on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Fry till you no longer have batter..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.