Simple Icebox Cake. Strawberry and Graham Cracker Icebox Cake. Icebox cake is the most effortless way to win friends and influence people. The icebox cake is also know as a chocolate wafer cake or a Zebra cake, and consists simply of When Mateo requested an icebox cake for his birthday, I decided to raise the bar and have some fun.
Ingredients of Simple Icebox Cake
- You need of My homemade egg custard recipe.
- Prepare of Graham crackers.
This four-ingredient Icebox Cake from Delish.com is about to become your go-to summer dessert. One taste of this cake and you'll be singing "That's Layers of Meyer lemon cheesecake and blueberry ice cream create a flavor combination made in. Making an icebox cake takes very little time to do and you don't need any fancy ingredients. At its simplest, an icebox cake is just graham crackers or cookies with whipped cream layered in between.
Simple Icebox Cake instructions
- Make egg custard.
- In a small baking dish layer the bottom with Graham crackers..
- Top first layer with a third of the mixture of warm custard..
- Layer more Graham crackers. Pour on another third of warm custard..
- Keep layering til everything is gone. Graham crackers should be completely submerged in custard..
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour to let the custard firm and crackers soften from the liquids..
Makes these super simple cakes without ever turning on your oven. To make a classic icebox cake, all you need to do is to assemble alternating layers of chocolate wafer cookies and whipped cream. This classic recipe for icebox cake is made with gluten free homemade chocolate wafer cookies, and fresh whipped cream. The perfect summertime no bake cake! This chocolate cake with raspberry mousse can be stored in the freezer until needed, perfect for unexpected guests or any occasion!