Black Sesame Mochi Cake.
Ingredients of Black Sesame Mochi Cake
- It’s 110 g of black sesame seeds, roasted.
- You need 56 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 125 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 354 ml (1 can) of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 90 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 190 g of glutinous (sweet) rice flour or mochiko brand flour.
- It’s 5 g (1 tsp) of baking powder.
- It’s 3 g (1/2 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare of White sesame seeds for topping (optional).
Black Sesame Mochi Cake step by step
- In a food processor or blender or mortar and pestle, grind the roasted black sesame seeds into a coarse powder. Transfer into a medium bowl..
- Add melted butter and sugar. Mix thoroughly with a silicone spatula..
- Add eggs. Switch to a hand whisk and mix..
- Add milk and cream. Whisk again thoroughly..
- Add flour in 2 additions along with baking powder and salt. Mix until the batter is uniform with no lumps of flour..
- Pour batter into a lightly greased pan (grease with softened butter or cooking spray). Garnish the top with white sesame seeds (optional)..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C for 50 minutes. If you are also using a springform pan, place a baking tray on the rack below to catch any leak of batter. Let cool on a cooling rack before removing from its pan..