Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s of Canned pineapple rings.
- It’s of Maraschino cherries.
- You need of Vanilla cake.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
- Pour melted butter on the cake pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar, making sure that it's evenly distributed. Arrange the pineapple and maraschino cherries. Set aside.
- Soften the butter along with the granulated sugar using a hand mixer until evenly distributer and smooth..
- Add the egg one at a time until smooth..
- Add the vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients until evenly distributed..
- Alternately combine dry ingredients into the wet batter and the milk in batches, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Make sure not to over mix the cake batter..
- Pour the cake batter over the prepared cake pan..
- Bake for 30 minutes at 175 C. The. Loosely cover with a foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cake is set..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping the cake..
We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. How to make Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, a sweet retro American treat. Video tutorial, recipe and history of Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.