Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of "milk" of choice.
- Prepare of Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly instructions
- Stir together all dry ingredients..
- Add egg white and stir with fork until mixture pulls together..
- Add 1/4 cup "milk" of choice and mix well without over mixing. This is a hearty/dense cake and too much mixing will make it tough..
- Heat lightly oiled skillet on low-medium heat for a couple minutes. This allows time for the oats to soften up. Pour mixture into pan all at once and do not adjust or attempt to spread evenly. It'll do its thing..
- Wait to flip until bubbly throughout..
- Cook an additional minute or two on other side..
- Top with peanut butter and jelly and enjoy..