My mom's Chilean pound cake. This pound cake recipe has a soft, buttery crumb that's perfectly dense without being at all dry or crumbly! Mom's Pound Cake is a family favorite recipe that is certain to please all of your tastebuds! Easy to whip together and passed down from several My mom says it helps keep your pound cake longer, when she's made them for holidays we usually are able to keep the cake around a week or a little.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean pound cake
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of orange.
Plus it was my first pound cake made from scratch, can you believe that one. This recipe is from Leslie's mom, and we all know how recipes from our mothers turn out. So I knew this pound cake was going to be great. Mom's Pound Cakes are gourmet pound cakes made by hand using nothing but the finest.
My mom's Chilean pound cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
The pound cake recipe I used as a base is quite unique. I accidentally doubled the butter in this recipe and used a full pound. This is actually the second time in. Classic Pound Cake – A complete guide on how to make perfect, and delicious Pound Cake! Tips + Tricks and Troubleshooting guide.