Cinnamon crumb cake with chocolate chips and pecans. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon topping over batter. This cinnamon chocolate chip cake recipe is one of my all time favorites, second only to my dense dark chocolate cake. It has a rich moist flavor and tastes.
Ingredients of Cinnamon crumb cake with chocolate chips and pecans
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (I used canola).
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, lightly coated in flour.
- It’s of Cinnamon topping.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Pecans (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, toasted and chopped.
My Cinnamon Crumb Cake Recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Cinnamon Swirl Sweet Potato Pecan Crumb Cake. Whether you call it cake or bread, this tender sweet potato crumb cake features a cinnamon swirl and crunchy sugar and pecan crumb topping. All Reviews for Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake.
Cinnamon crumb cake with chocolate chips and pecans instructions
- Preheat oven to 375f/190c. Grease and flour a 9" cake tin (tap out any excess flour), and set aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients..
- In a separate bowl, beat together wet ingredients..
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth. Note: you can add the chocolate chips at this point and mix them in, though I prefer to top the batter with them after I pour it into the cake tin..
- For the cinnamon topping, simply combine all the ingredients..
- Pour cake batter into the pan. Then, if you haven't added them yet, top with chocolate chips (coating the chips in flour suspends them in the batter and keeps them from all sinking to the bottom), followed by the cinnamon mix. DO NOT top with the pecans yet because they will burn in the cooking (I speak from experience)..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. When fully cooked (I do the clean toothpick test), remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. Top it with pecans while still hot. Let the cake cool fully before serving..
Next time I may even substitute the chocolate chips for apple because I think that would be a god combination with the pecans and cinnamon.or maybe a combination of white chocolate chips and apple? This Cinnamon-Pecan Crumb Cake is a healthy, nutritious dessert that will keep your whole family satisfied. These little cakes are the perfect snacks for friends and family. You can make a large batch and freeze them too. Take them on a picnic, or just keep them in the house for those between-meal.