Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread").
Ingredients of Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread")
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbs. of poppyseeds.
- It’s 1 tbs. of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 2 tbs. of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread") step by step
- This is all done in one pan, so clean up is a breeze! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking soda, and salt with a fork in an ungreased 9x9x2 baking pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the powdered sugar. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8 servings.