Glazed lemon cake. I used this glaze on AR's "Lemon Gold Cake" and they were very very good together. Lemon Glaze for Glazed Lemon Pound Cake. Use this lemon glaze with our Glazed Lemon Pound Cake.
Ingredients of Glazed lemon cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of greek yoghurt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Filled with lots of lemon flavor, these Glazed Lemon Cakes are sweet and tart and a perfect Spring dessert! This Glazed Lemon Cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Sweet, simple, luscious glazed lemon poppy seed bundt cake to bring sunshine to even the coldest of days. When it comes to lemon desserts, what I run into often is finding the right balance between tart.
Glazed lemon cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 162 degrees celsius. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder..
- Beat the sugar with the softened butter until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice..
- Combine the flour mixture and greek yoghurt into the wet ingredients, alternating between the two..
- Line a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan with a baking sheet, or greased aluminum foil. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top..
- Bake at 162 degrees celsius for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- If the top of the cake browns before the inside is cooked, cover the top tightly with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, checking in between..
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges, and lift it out of the pan using the foil or baking sheet. Place it on a wire rack to cool..
- Make the glaze: Sift half a cup of icing sugar into a bowl, and mix in 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour the glaze over the cake while it's still warm..
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing..
This variation of a classic lemon Bundt cake comes with an extra kick of lemon flavour. Treat your taste buds with a slice of this light and refreshing dessert. This gorgeous Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake is perfect for summer entertaining. A soft and tender lemon cake drizzled with a simple lemon glaze. Meet my new favourite thing – Lemon Cake ❤️.