Easy orange cake with orange icing. For this super easy orange cake, just put all the ingredients in the blender and blend them away, that's how easy this recipe is. If your orange has thick skin with lots of the white part it's better to peel it and make the recipe without the skin. Blend the ingredients just to combine, don't blend too long, just.
Ingredients of Easy orange cake with orange icing
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/8 tsp of salt (just under a 1/2 tsp).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (also known as 1 stick or 125g) butter, softened.
- It’s 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbs of orange zest.
- You need of Icing.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, sifted.
- You need 2 tbs of orange juice (or more, if you like).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of orange zest.
This orange cake is bursting with orange flavour, and couldn't be easier to make. With or without the orange butter icing, it is a treat. Take all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. whisk until all incorporated. Pour the icing in middle of the cake and use butter knife or back side of knife to spread the icing all over the cake.
Easy orange cake with orange icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease either a 20x10cm loaf pan or a 20 cm round tin and set aside (note: I've only made this in a loaf pan)..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together thoroughly, then sift into a large mixing bowl..
- Add all the other ingredients in with the sifted flour and stir until smooth..
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake between 30 and 40 minutes (my oven is small so a tester knife came out clean after about 32 minutes or so)..
- Put on a wire rack to cool..
- Once the cake is cool, mix together the icing ingredients and, well, ice the cake, of course..
I left the sides of cake as it is. [you. The orange ice cream is again flavored with orange gelatin. Tips for Making This Creamy Cake. I used my favorite ice cream base. To ice the cake, I colored additional Cool Whip with icing color to match the orange ice cream.