Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake.
Ingredients of Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake
- It’s 2 Cups of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered milk.
- Prepare 1 Cup of cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pack of thick cream.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm milk.
Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together until you soften the mix. Note: do not mix the 1/4 cup warm milk in this step..
- I used a cupcake pan but certainly you can use a glass pan or cake pan. First layer: With one big spoon place the dough in the pan. If you are using a glass whole plan, divide the mix by half. Place the first half into your pan..
- I added my thick cream in top of my first layer..
- Now for the last layer, add your 1/4 of warm milk to the remaining mix and continue mixing until it soften. Then pour it in top of your cream layer..
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (355F) bake for 15 mins, broil for 5-7 mins until golden. (If using a whole pan, probably you will need to broil for additional mins just keep an eye).
- Pour your favorite syrup in top (Sugar, Condensed milk…) and enjoy it.