Pandan Roll Cake. This Pandan Swiss Roll Cake is made with fresh pandan juice, no artificial flavour or colouring are added. Ingredients for meringue An extremely simple version with less ingredients for making a pandan roll cake. The filling for this roll cake is my homemade srikaya pandan (coconut jam).
Ingredients of Pandan Roll Cake
- Prepare of Pandan Extract.
- You need 40 of pandan leaves.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 40 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 45 g of caster sugar.
- You need 26 g of rapeseed oil or other neutral oil.
- It’s 30 ml of fresh pandan extract.
- Prepare 50 g of plain flour + 10g corn flour, sifted.
- You need of Pandan Whipped Cream.
- Prepare 200 ml of whipping cream.
- It’s 20 ml of fresh pandan extract.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of icing sugar, sifted.
Pandan cake is a light, fluffy, green-coloured sponge cake ("kue"; of Indonesian origin) flavoured with the juices of Pandanus amaryllifolius leaves. It is also known as pandan chiffon. This is a cake that can be eaten without much. Recipe: Pandan Rolled Cake – Bánh cuộn lá dứa.
Pandan Roll Cake instructions
- To make the pandan extract, chop pandan leaves and place in a food processor with 500ml cool water..
- Blend till finely chopped and strain the liquid with a muslin bag into a glass jar. Place the juice in the fridge overnight. The concentrated extract will settle at the bottom. Only this layer is used, the top layer of diluted pandan water can be discarded. You should get 50mls of concentrated extract..
- The next day, make the cake. Preheat your oven to 200C fan setting. Line a 28cm x 28cm tray with baking parchment..
- Place the egg yolks and 40g sugar into a metal bowl set on top of a pan of simmering water. Whisk until it is pale and thick. Add the pandan extract, oil and sifted flours into the egg yolk mixture and mix until incorporated..
- In a clean bowl of an electric mixer, add the egg whites and whisk until frothy, then add the remaining 45g caster sugar gradually. Whisk until soft peaks are formed..
- Fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in three batches, mixing until just incorporated..
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Drop the tin onto the counter to get rid of small air bubbles. Bake for 15mins. Remove from the oven. Remove the cake from the cake tin immediately onto a tea towel. Peel the parchment paper off. Roll the cake before the cake cools down to prevent too much cracking on the top. Let the cake cool completely, rolled up..
- Make the whipped cream. In a clean mixing bowl, whip the cream and sifted icing sugar until soft peaks, add the remaining pandan juice and whip till medium peaks are formed..
- Unfurl the cake and spread the whipped cream onto the cake. At this point you can also add cut up fresh fruit if you like. Roll the cake up again. Wrap in a tea towel or baking parchment to hold ita shape and refridgerate for 2 hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar to serve..
How to make Pandan swiss roll cake FULL RECIPE: Please Like & Subscribe & Share for more fun videos !!! More AOMYWORLD Tube videos: Instagram Aomy : Fanpage Aomy : Youtube Aomy. Pandan Roll Cake – Free download as Word Doc (.doc /.docx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read Masih dengan resep roll cake waktu itu, tp ini yg versi pandan dg filling buttercream dan keju. The family highly approves these pandan cinnamon rolls. I've tested several recipes and truly this is WHAT IS THE SECRET TO SOFT CINNAMON ROLLS I used to think I need to use cake flour to.