Yogurt lemon cake. For the perfect tea cake, bake Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe, finished with a sweet lemon glaze, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Learn how to make a delicious lemon yogurt cake at home. This fluffy sponge cake is great for breakfast, served with a cup of coffee or milk. ▼ INGREDIENTS.
Ingredients of Yogurt lemon cake
- It’s 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 g of plain natural yogurt.
- You need 100 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 85 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of x medium eggs.
- You need 2 of x tsps baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of x lemons (grated zest only) (keep juices for icing drizzle.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
This Lemon Yogurt Cake is something I made on repeat when I ran my B&B in St. I'd often serve it as a sweet alongside the main course. It's quick to make, doesn't require a mixer. Unlike any other cake I've baked, this incomparably moist lemon berry yogurt cake has a soft, creamy, and buttery crumb.
Yogurt lemon cake step by step
- Pre heat oven 180c (fan), grease a loaf tin and line (9 x 5 x 2.5 inches).
- Mix eggs and vanilla extract and sugar together, add oil and then lemon zest, mix (hand whisk).
- Add yogurt to the above mix, mix with hand whisk lightly.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mix, only combine it all, dont over mix.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 min to 40 min, check with a skewer until clean.
Lightly flavored with fresh lemon and bursting with Greek yogurt and mixed. This Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake is a MUST try !!! This Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake is extremely easy to make and can be served at any meal or party because of its light lemony flavors. A lovely Blueberry Lemon Yoghurt Cake that's incredibly moist and astonishingly quick to make. Bursting with blueberries and bright lemon flavours!