Beans cake (Qosai, Akara). Akara is also called "beans cake" and it is made from white beans. It is a recipe used mostly for breakfast. The beans is soaked in water to enable the.
Ingredients of Beans cake (Qosai, Akara)
- It’s 1 cup of Black eyed peas.
- You need 5 of Scotch bonnet pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bulb of onion.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Veg Oil for frying.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Akara (Yoruba name) is fried bean cake. Beans is such an essential part of nutrition in Nigeria, and West Africa as a whole. Traditionally, akara is prepared by peeling the beans by soaking in water and then rubbing the beans repeatedly with your hands. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
Beans cake (Qosai, Akara) step by step
- Soak the bean for 30min.
- Peel off the bean skin from the seed.
- Rinse the seed and put into a blender/food processor add onion, scotch bonnet pepper,seasoning and water.
- Blend completely into a paste.
- Into a frying pan and 3 cups of vegetable oil and heat.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and serve with tea or gruel..
- Blend until completely p.
A popular food for breakfast and Iftaar in Nigeria,and also delicious. After going tru the Nigerian street food contest i thought of akara immediately so i decided to give u my taste of akara and how i make it hope u do enjoy it. Akara, also known as Bean Cakes, Bean Balls, Bean Fritas or Acarajé in Portuguese is a Nigerian breakfast recipe made with beans. How to Make Akara [Video] To make Akara, you need to first of all remove the beans coat. Other names for akara include beans cake and Kosai, beans fritters.