Sponge Cake. Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe – British Classic – Recipes by Warren Nash. Eggless Sponge Cake Recipes Eggless Sponge Cake Video (In Hindi By Sanjeev Kapoor (student)). Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 lb. of magarine.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of or 11/2 cups sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 lb. of flour.
- Prepare 4 tbs. of hot water (not boiling).
- You need of Flavouring.
- You need of Zest of 1 lime.
- It’s 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground spice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbs of rum.
We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. No chemical leavener, just air that is beaten into the eggs.
Sponge Cake instructions
- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add vanilla essence and butters..
- Best in eggs one at a time making sure to beat each egg in well before adding the next one..
- Sift dry ingredients with spice and clove. Then fold this into egg mixture gradually..
- Add lime zest, lemon juice and rum. Then add hot water..
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake at 325- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 -40 mins or until tester comes out clean..
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil. Check my tips to make it perfect! The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart.