Whole Wheat Carrot Cake.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried apricots chopped.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Mix apple sauce and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Then add eggs, vanilla and carrots..
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Add baking soda and baking powder. It is important to add these ingredients separate from the rest but just before the flour as they will give your batter some air bubbles..
- Add the flour. Once it is completely mixed in, add the apricots and sunflower seeds..
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour..